Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Change of direction: A new photography path and goals

Do you ever feel like you try and try at something and never get anything out of it?! Well thats me and I never knew the reason why I wasn't getting anywhere until recently. Everything always happens for a reason!!!
 Since 2008 I have been trying to find my place in the photography world. I love taking pictures of everything but it has come to my attention in the past couple of months that I am doing the WRONG thing. My heart is lives in Outdoor photography. I am not the best people person and I seem to work well by myself and at my own pace. I also love getting down and dirty for that perfect flower shot or hiding out in the woods.
So..... I have decided to sell my photo studio equipment. I will no longer be focusing on photo shoots and weddings etc. I will still do those from time to time because I know that a few of my past clients will want me to still take their pics but everything will be done outside.

My new focuses are going to be Outdoor, Travel, and Fine art print sales (yes I am going to be selling my prints finally!!) I also plan on showing my photos off in Art shows in the new future. I know a few people that have asked about prints in the past so your chance is coming.
You will see flowers, landscapes, sunrises, sunsets, insects, animals etc.
I have big dreams to one day to own a personal art gallery!
Stay tuned for all the new changes and thanks for following me on this journey!

Love, Christine Ann: Outdoor Photographer and Fine Art Prints

9 comments:

  1. Your outdoor shots are amazing! I have NO talent for that and envy those that do! Good luck in all your adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do both Christine. I sell my Nature and Landscape work and do portrait photography. There is room for both. I would not give up and sell you studio equipment so soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its not that im giving up....my heart just isnt there. It goes deeper than everything else I said im just not laying it all out there! Plus I want my money to be spent towards travel and making big prints to sell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Listen to your heart! I'm proud of you. You can rent my tent and propanels for your shows!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where will you be selling your studio equipment? I would love to check out some of your stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be posting it in Kansas City Cragislist under photo video

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so strange that I happened upon your post. I too, have been working at my business for over 5 years, with some success. About two weeks ago, I was thinking how I really enjoy doing outdoor pictures, waterfalls, old buildings, landscapes, etc. more than anything. These are what truly give me joy. So, I decided that I was moving away from doing portrait photography after I finish up what I have scheduled. I don't know why, but for some reason, reading this, just confirmed it even more in me. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete